Chalet Le Grenier - Holiday Information
Thank you for choosing your skiing holiday with Meriski at Chalet Le Grenier. Please take a moment to read this information and if appropriate give a copy to all members of your party.
In order for us to be fully prepared for your arrival in Méribel, please let us know your requirements by completing and submitting our online form.
Child Specific Holiday Information
For families with younger children or those skiing for the first time, see our child specific information.
Equipment Hire – Complimentary in chalet ski fit
Our partners Méribel Ski Service provide all our guests with top class equipment and excellent service.
Book online at www.meribelskiservice.com and use the Meriski Partner code 52XME to get an additional discount. Your equipment will then be waiting for you when you arrive in your chalet. An experienced ski technician will visit to ensure all is well and make any necessary changes. At the end of your stay, simply leave your equipment in the chalet and it will be collected. If you would rather collect your equipment from the MSS shop in the centre of town, they offer a courtesy minibus.
Oscar and Olivier, the owners of Méribel Ski Service, have years of experience behind them, excellent equipment and a reputation for offering great service. All skis and boards are serviced on-site, with either Olivier or Oscar checking each piece as it goes through. Additionally, if you have your own equipment that needs a service, they're the ideal people to go to. They carry brands including: Rossignol, Dynastar, Salomon, Head, Fischer and Lacroix. Their skis, boards and boots are available at all levels from beginner through to experienced, so you will find something to suit all members of your group.
Meriski and Méribel Ski Service recommend the use of helmets (of which there are plenty to rent), but there is also a good stock of safety equipment to purchase, should you prefer.
We advise that it is best for you to book your lessons directly with one of our recommended ski schools, enabling you to discuss your individual requirements as soon as possible. It is important to do this in advance to avoid disappointment, particularly if you are looking to join group lessons or are travelling during school holidays – the schools get very busy for the peak weeks. If you would like advice do give us a call.
Please see SKI LESSONS & MOUNTAIN EXPERIENCES on the website for details of all our recommendations.
Your chalet manager will arrange your lift pass on arrival in the comfort of the chalet. Payment is taken in Euros (cash, debit or credit card) and your passes will be validated immediately*.
Please note that we will need to see a copy of your passports for all age based (child or senior) or family passes.
*For passes for under 5 years and over 75 years please send us a scan of the relevant passport prior to travel.*
Adult 6 day pass: €285.00. Tribu price – if bought through us
Individual price if bought at lift pass office €300.00
Child (5-12 years incl.) 6 day: €240.00. Passport needed
Senior (65-74 years incl.) 6 day: €270.00. Passport needed
Family 6 day: €240.00. per person for 2 adults and 2 or more children under 18; same duration and ski area. Passport needed
Concessions: €3.00. Applies to under 5 and 75+. Passport needed
Adult 6 day: €239.00 - Tribu price – if bought through us
Child (5-12 years incl.) 6 day: €200.00. Passport needed
Senior (65-74 years incl.) 6 day: €224.10. Passport needed
Family 6 day: €200.00. Per person for 2 adults and 2 or more children under 18; same duration and ski area. Passport needed
Concessions: €3.00. Applies to under 5 and 75+. Passport needed
Please ensure that you have taken out full travel insurance including Winter Sports Cover and have a valid EHIC card and bring all the relevant documentation with you. If your insurance company has not made special arrangements with the lift companies and the local doctors, you will be required to settle bills locally and claim back the expenditure afterwards from your insurance company. In case of a problem our representatives will do all they can to help, but please note that they will be unable to answer specific questions regarding insurance issues.
We recommend guests take carré neige alongside your lift pass to cover mountain rescue if necessary.
Chalet Le Grenier has a games room with snooker table, 55" TV, Playstation 4, Sky, Sonos and Apple TV, a family TV room with 55" TV, Sky, Sonos and Apple TV and Wi-Fi throughout
The gym is stocked with Technogym Artis Treadmill and bike, TRX, TV and Sonos and all the bedrooms have a BOSE sound system
The chalet is served by a dedicated driver service in the mornings and from 3pm-6pm in the evenings
Luxury bed linen, dressing gowns and towels are provided, as are hair dryers and a selection of L'Occitane bathroom toiletries.
We request that shoes/boots are not worn in the chalet so please bring suitable footwear for inside. Slippers are available for adults. Your chalet is equipped with an iron and ironing board.
Together with our wine supplier, we have carefully chosen a variety of delicious wines to complement the wonderful food produced by your chef. We have also put together a list of Cellar Wines should you wish to buy something special for any particular evening. These wines need to be ordered in advance - please call or email us to discuss your requirements.
Chef's day off
Your chef has one day off during the week when dinner is not provided in the chalet, but your team will be able to book you a table in a local restaurant.
If you are travelling on a peak week or if you have specific requirements it can be beneficial to do this in advance – please contact us for advice.
The security of the chalet, our guests and our staff is of the utmost importance. However, owing to the nature of chalet accommodation, it is impractical to lock the access points at all times.
Please note that bedrooms do not have keys or room safes. We recommend, therefore, that you do not take any valuables with you on holiday. Should you decide to, please ensure the items are covered against loss or theft on your travel or household policy.
Airport Transfers to Méribel:
• If you have booked a Meriski private transfer, your driver will be waiting in Arrivals with your name on a card. If your flight is delayed, please call your driver asap.
• Meribel is an easy drive from the various airports. The postcode is 73550. However, French road signs also make it easy: simply follow the name of the next town;
• Geneva -> France -> Annecy -> Ugine -> Albertville -> Moutiers -> Méribel (approx. 2hrs)
• Lyon -> Chambery -> Albertville -> Moutiers -> Méribel (approx. 2hrs)
• Grenoble -> Albertville -> Moutiers -> Méribel (approx. 2hrs 30)
• Chambery -> Albertville -> Moutiers -> Méribel (approx. 1hr 30)
• From Moutiers the road to Méribel takes you off the dual carriageway in a right filter – Méribel is then a 17km (30 minute) drive up the mountain from here.
• Please ensure you have a set of chains which fit your car – check they are provided when you collect a hire car. The use of snow chains can be enforced by the local police if there is snow on the road
• Please check that you adhere to all European regulations, e.g. have two breathalyser kits in the car, carry fluorescent jackets for all passengers, carry a warning triangle and spare headlights, and have adequate insurance cover, etc.
• Small denomination notes and coins for motorway tolls are useful; however credit/debit cards are accepted and booths taking only these often have shorter queues.
• Please call the Meriski Resort Office (00 33 479 04 1556) from Moutiers to let them know of your expected arrival. If your chalet is ready your driver may take you straight there, but if you arrive before 3pm or need directions you will need to call into our office which is located at the entrance to the resort.
• As you arrive in Méribel, you will go through a small S - bend with chalets on either side and then see a car park on your left and O'Sullivans Bar to your right. Chalet Les Lupins is to the right of O'Sullivans – proceed up the stairs to the left side of the chalet to the Meriski office which is located on the second floor. A Meriski representative will be awaiting your arrival and will take you to your chalet.
• Your chalet will be available from 3pm. Should you arrive before 3pm you may leave your bags with us. We can take you to a coffee shop or restaurant, and will then take you and your luggage to your chalet as soon as it is ready.
• On departure day, we request that you vacate your chalet by 10am. Again, if you are not leaving the resort until later in the day, we can store your luggage until you are ready.
• If you wish to ski on the day of your departure we have a room in which you may change; please ask for details. Please note there are only limited shower facilities available so please let us know in advance if you wish to book them – there is a charge for this.
Meriski contact numbers, including out of hours
Meriski Resort Office (+33) (0)4 79 04 15 56
Meriski Office, UK (+44) (0)1285 648518 - Prior to travel or emergency use only
Don’t forget to submit our information form
We wish you a fantastic holiday.