Child Specific Information
We recognise the unique challenge of taking young children skiing and have put together the following information to help ensure you are fully prepared.
Please let us know any specific requirements you may have for your children on the online Holiday Information Chalet form so our staff in Méribel can prepare for the arrival of your family. If you have booked childcare, our childcare team will be in touch prior to your arrival to discuss arrangements.
What to bring
We suggest that you bring the following for children:
• Several changes of warm clothing (a few thin layers are often more effective than one thick layer).
• Waterproof ski suit, waterproof gloves and a hat.
• Helmet and goggles for children who will be skiing. Helmets can be hired in resort.
• Waterproof boots for outside and slippers for indoors.
• Sun cream/block, lip salve and sunglasses with strap (for when not skiing).
• Favourite cuddly toys/comforter and books.
• Special ointment and creams.
• Nappies and baby wipes (these are available in the resort supermarket but they are expensive).
• Special pillows or blankets as needed although we do provide all cot and bed linen, including quilts and blankets.
• Special food products. You may not be able to buy familiar foodstuffs in the resort. Baby milk from home is generally preferable to French baby milk.
• A sling or pushchair, however we do have a small supply of these in resort.
We ask that you ensure that all of your child’s clothes, shoes and personal items are named to avoid any mix-up or loss of property.
If your child is booked into the Meriski Crèche, they will be collected from your chalet by one of our nannies in the morning between 8am and 9am. Children attending morning ski lessons and our after ski-school creche will be taken in the normal Meriski vehicle with their parents to their lesson and then will be collected from their lessons by our nannies. Children will be delivered home by 5pm. Our vehicles will have the correct age appropriate child seats for your children. If your child is having a Meriski Nanny in the chalet, they will arrive at the time agreed; you will also need to arrange which morning or afternoon your nanny will be taking off.
Children who arrive sick or are taken ill whilst on holiday, unfortunately cannot be cared for by our nannies or allowed into our crèche as even minor ailments spread rapidly. In these circumstances we are obliged to insist that parents look after their sick child. This is at our discretion and follows OFSTED regulations.
Our childcare includes (as appropriate) morning elevenses, lunch between 12.30pm and 1.00pm and a light snack around 3.00pm. All meals will be freshly prepared using the best ingredients. If you wish us to use your own products, then please hand them to one of the nannies on arrival.
Our children’s meals have been devised to reflect ‘home-cooked’ flavours and ‘top favourites’. All meals are freshly prepared using the best ingredients. Mid-morning snacks, lunch and afternoon tea snacks are included for children with Meriski childcare booked (full day or afternoon). Children’s tea is provided for all children by your Chalet chef; if you have booked a whole chalet you can advise us of any specific dishes you would like your children to have; alternatively please let us know of any special requirements or preferred dishes.
Evening babysitting for the chalet staff night off can be arranged in resort at an extra cost of €20 per hour per nanny paid directly to the babysitter. Please let us know in advance if you will require this service.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!