Thank you for choosing your skiing holiday with Meriski. Please take a moment to read this information and if appropriate give a copy to all members of your party.
In order for us to be fully prepared for your arrival in Méribel, please let us know your requirements by completing and submitting our online form.
Child Specific Holiday Information
For families with younger children or those skiing for the first time, see our child specific information.
Equipment Hire – Complimentary in chalet ski fit for all Meriski guests
Our partners Méribel Ski Service provide all our guests with top class equipment and excellent service.
Book online at www.meribelskiservice.com and use the Meriski Partner code 52XME to get an additional discount. Your equipment will then be waiting for you when you arrive in your chalet. An experienced ski technician will visit to ensure all is well and make any necessary changes. At the end of your stay, simply leave your equipment in the chalet and it will be collected. If you would rather collect your equipment from the MSS shop in the centre of town, they offer a courtesy minibus.
Oscar and Olivier, the owners of Méribel Ski Service, have years of experience behind them, excellent equipment and a reputation for offering great service. All skis and boards are serviced on-site, with either Olivier or Oscar checking each piece as it goes through. Additionally, if you have your own equipment that needs a service, they're the ideal people to go to. They carry brands including: Rossignol, Dynastar, Salomon, Head, Fischer and Lacroix. Their skis, boards and boots are available at all levels from beginner through to experienced, so you will find something to suit all members of your group.
Meriski and Méribel Ski Service recommend the use of helmets (of which there are plenty to rent), but there is also a good stock of safety equipment to purchase, should you prefer.
We advise that it is best for you to book your lessons directly with one of our recommended ski schools, enabling you to discuss your individual requirements as soon as possible. It is important to do this in advance to avoid disappointment, particularly if you are looking to join group lessons or are travelling during school holidays – the schools get very busy for the peak weeks. If you would like advice do give us a call.
Please see SKI LESSONS & MOUNTAIN EXPERIENCES on the website for details of all our recommendations.
Your Lift Pass
We offer a straightforward process for purchasing your lift pass in the comfort of your chalet. Your Chalet Manager will take payment in Euros and will then validate your passes immediately during your arrival afternoon/evening*. We will arrange for late arrivals to do this during breakfast the next morning. All payments are taken in Euros and can be paid by cash, debit or credit card. Please note that we will need to see a copy of your passports for all age based (child or senior) or family passes.
*For passes for under 5 years and over 75 years please send us a scan of the relevant passport prior to travel.*
Adult 6 day pass: €291.00. Tribu price – if bought through us
Individual price if bought at lift pass office €306.00
Child (5-12 years incl.) 6 day: €244.80. Passport needed
Senior (65-74 years incl.) 6 day: €275.40. Passport needed
Family 6 day: €244.80. per person for 2 adults and 2 or more children under 18; same duration and ski area. Passport needed
Concessions: €3.00. Applies to under 5 and 75+. Passport needed
Adult 6 day: €245.00 - Tribu price – if bought through us
Child (5-12 years incl.) 6 day: €205.00. Passport needed
Senior (65-74 years incl.) 6 day: €229.50. Passport needed
Family 6 day: €205.00. Per person for 2 adults and 2 or more children under 18; same duration and ski area. Passport needed
Concessions: €3.00. Applies to under 5 and 75+. Passport needed
Please ensure that you have taken out full travel insurance including Winter Sports Cover and have a valid EHIC card and bring all the relevant documentation with you. If your insurance company has not made special arrangements with the lift companies and the local doctors, you will be required to settle bills locally and claim back the expenditure afterwards from your insurance company. In case of a problem our representatives will do all they can to help, but please note that they will be unable to answer specific questions regarding insurance issues.
We recommend guests take carré neige alongside your lift pass to cover mountain rescue if necessary.
Airport Transfers to Méribel:
• If you have booked a Meriski private transfer, your driver will be waiting in Arrivals with your name on a card. If your flight is delayed, please call your driver asap.
• Meribel is an easy drive from the various airports. The postcode is 73550. However, French road signs also make it easy: simply follow the name of the next town;
• Geneva -> France -> Annecy -> Ugine -> Albertville -> Moutiers -> Méribel (approx. 2hrs)
• Lyon -> Chambery -> Albertville -> Moutiers -> Méribel (approx. 2hrs)
• Grenoble -> Albertville -> Moutiers -> Méribel (approx. 2hrs 30)
• Chambery -> Albertville -> Moutiers -> Méribel (approx. 1hr 30)
• From Moutiers the road to Méribel takes you off the dual carriageway in a right filter – Méribel is then a 17km (30 minute) drive up the mountain from here.
• Please ensure you have a set of chains which fit your car – check they are provided when you collect a hire car. The use of snow chains can be enforced by the local police if there is snow on the road
• Please check that you adhere to all European regulations, e.g. have two breathalyser kits in the car, carry fluorescent jackets for all passengers, carry a warning triangle and spare headlights, and have adequate insurance cover, etc.
• Small denomination notes and coins for motorway tolls are useful; however credit/debit cards are accepted and booths taking only these often have shorter queues.
•For directions to your chalet please see....
f you are staying in La Gittaz and self driving please ensure you call the office (04 79 04 15 56) once you leave Moutiers to check that your chalet is ready for you. Then after the hamlet of La Raffort the road takes a sharp left turn before heading up to a roundabout. The turning to La Gittaz is on the left but best accessed by going all the way around the roundabout and back to the turning. Follow the road down the hill and where the road splits. Go to the left for Impala Lodge and to the right for Chalets Kashmir and Kalliste, all with Meriski signs outside.
On your Arrival
• Please call your Chalet Manager from Moutiers to let them know of your imminent arrival arrival. If you arrive before 3pm they will recommend somewhere for coffee/lunch or can even book this in advance for you.
• On departure day, we request that you vacate your chalet by 10am. If you are not leaving the resort until later in the day, we can store your luggage until you are ready.
• Each chalet has a DVD player and TV. A selection of popular DVDs and family board games are available in resort or you may wish to bring your particular favourites with you. All our chalets also have a bluetooth speaker, so you can listen to your own music.
• All our chalets are all fitted with Wifi but please note that connections and speeds may vary.
• We request that shoes/boots are not worn in our chalets so please bring suitable footwear for inside. Luxury bed linen, dressing gowns and towels are provided, as are hair dryers and a selection of L'Occitane bathroom toiletries.
• Slippers are also available for adults in the chalets with hot tubs. Each chalet is equipped with an iron and ironing board.
• Together with our wine supplier, Paul Boyer, we have carefully chosen a variety of delicious wines to complement the wonderful food produced by your chalet chef.
• We have also put together a list of Cellar Wines should you wish to buy something special for any particular evening. These wines need to be ordered in advance - please call or email us to discuss your requirements.
Chalet Staff Day Off
• Our chalet staff have one day off where breakfast and afternoon tea are laid out ready for you to help yourselves.
• Dinner is not provided on this day, but our staff will be able to book you a table in a local restaurant.
• If you are travelling on a peak week or if you have specific requirements it can be beneficial to do this in advance – please contact us for advice.
Chalet Security and Theft
• The security of our chalets, our guests and our staff is of the utmost importance. However, owing to the nature of chalet accommodation, it is impractical to lock the access points at all times.
• Please note that most bedrooms do not have keys or room safes. We recommend, therefore, that you do not take any valuables with you on holiday. Should you decide to, please ensure the items are covered against loss or theft on your travel or household policy.
Meriski contact numbers, including out of hours
Meriski Resort Office (+33) (0)4 79 04 15 56
Meriski Office, UK (+44) (0)1285 648518 - Prior to travel or emergency use only
Don’t forget to submit our information form
We wish you a fantastic holiday.