Thank you for choosing your skiing holiday with Meriski. Please take a moment to read this information and if appropriate give a copy to all members of your party.
In order for us to be fully prepared for your arrival in Méribel, please let us know your requirements by completing and submitting our online form using the link you were sent.
Child Specific Holiday Information
For families with younger children or those skiing for the first time, see our child specific information.
Equipment Hire – Complimentary in chalet ski fit for all Meriski guests
With both Méribel Ski Service and Slide Candy, you can pre-book your ski hire online and your chosen equipment will be delivered to your chalet on arrival. Once you have settled in, an experienced ski technician will visit you in the comfort of your chalet to ensure all equipment fits perfectly, and will make any changes if required, leaving you to relax and enjoy your first evening in your chalet. At the end of your stay, simply leave your equipment in the chalet and it will be collected.
We recommend the use of helmets for everyone, which are available to rent, and are usually compulsory for children's ski lessons.
With Méribel Ski Service use the Meriski Partner code 52XME to get an additional discount. If you would rather collect your equipment from the MSS shop in the centre of town, they offer a courtesy minibus.
Alternatively for Slide Candy use the code MSKITEN for an additional discount when booking in advance.
For more information on both suppliers see www.meriski.co.uk/your-holiday/equipment
We advise that it is best for you to book your lessons directly with one of our recommended ski schools, enabling you to discuss your individual requirements as soon as possible. It is important to do this in advance to avoid disappointment, particularly if you are looking to join group lessons or are travelling during school holidays – the schools get very busy for the peak weeks. If you would like advice do give us a call.
Please see SKI LESSONS & MOUNTAIN EXPERIENCES on the website for details of all our recommendations.
Your Lift Pass
We offer a straightforward process for purchasing your lift pass in the comfort of your chalet. Your Chalet Manager will take payment in €uros and will then validate your passes immediately during your arrival afternoon/evening*. We will arrange for late arrivals to do this during breakfast the next morning. All payments are taken in €uros and can be paid by cash, debit or credit card. Please note that we will need to see a copy of your passports for all age based (child or senior) or family passes.
*For passes for under 5 years and over 75 years please send us a scan of the relevant passport prior to travel.*
Adult 6 day pass: €297.00. Tribu price – if bought through us
Individual price if bought at lift pass office €312.00
Child (5-12 years incl.) 6 day: €249.60. Passport needed
Senior (65-74 years incl.) 6 day: €280.60. Passport needed
Family 6 day: €249.60. per person for 2 adults and 2 or more children under 18; same duration and ski area. Passport needed
Concessions: €3.00. Applies to under 5 and 75+. Passport needed
Adult 6 day: €250.00 - Tribu price – if bought through us
Child (5-12 years incl.) 6 day: €209.00. Passport needed
Senior (65-74 years incl.) 6 day: €234.00. Passport needed
Family 6 day: €209.00. Per person for 2 adults and 2 or more children under 18; same duration and ski area. Passport needed
Concessions: €3.00. Applies to under 5 and 75+. Passport needed
Please ensure that you have taken out full travel insurance including Winter Sports Cover and have a valid EHIC card and bring all the relevant documentation with you. If your insurance company has not made special arrangements with the lift companies and the local doctors, you will be required to settle bills locally and claim back the expenditure afterwards from your insurance company. In case of a problem our representatives will do all they can to help, but please note that they will be unable to answer specific questions regarding insurance issues.
We recommend guests take carré neige alongside your lift pass to cover mountain rescue if necessary at €2.90 per day.
Airport Transfers to Méribel:
• If you have booked a Meriski private transfer, your driver will be in touch by text the day before and will then be waiting in the Arrivals hall under the Visitor centre sign with your name on a card. If your flight is delayed, please call your driver asap.
• If you have booked a private transfer with another company they will let you know where to meet the driver.
• Meribel is an easy drive from the various airports. The postcode is 73550. However, French road signs also make it easy: simply follow the name of the next town;
• Geneva -> France -> Annecy -> Ugine -> Albertville -> Moutiers -> Méribel (approx. 2hrs)
• Lyon -> Chambery -> Albertville -> Moutiers -> Méribel (approx. 2hrs)
• Grenoble -> Albertville -> Moutiers -> Méribel (approx. 2hrs 30)
• Chambery -> Albertville -> Moutiers -> Méribel (approx. 1hr 30)
• From Moutiers the road to Méribel takes you off the dual carriageway in a right filter – Méribel is then a 17km (30 minute) drive up the mountain from here.
• Please ensure you have a set of chains which fit your car – check they are provided when you collect a hire car. The use of snow chains can be enforced by the local police if there is snow on the road
• Please check that you adhere to all European regulations, e.g. have two breathalyser kits in the car, carry fluorescent jackets for all passengers, carry a warning triangle and spare headlights, and have adequate insurance cover, etc.
• Small denomination notes and coins for motorway tolls are useful; however credit/debit cards are accepted and booths taking only these often have shorter queues.
On your Arrival
• Please call our resort team on +33 479 04 15 56 from Moutiers to let them know of your imminent arrival. If you arrive before 3pm they will recommend somewhere for coffee/lunch or can even book this in advance for you.
• If you are staying in Chalet Kashmir in La Gittaz and self driving please ensure you call the office (04 79 04 15 56) once you leave Moutiers to check that your chalet is ready for you. Continue up the road, passing through Les Allues and then after the hamlet of La Raffort the road takes a sharp left turn before heading up to a roundabout. The turning to La Gittaz is on the left before the roundabout but must be accessed by going up to the roundabout, all the way around the roundabout and then back down to the turning, now on the right. Follow this road down the hill and where the road splits bear right around a sharp corner, where you will find the chalets are towards the end of the road on the right hand side, with signs outside.
• On departure day, we request that you vacate your chalet by 10am. If you are not leaving the resort until later in the day, we can store your luggage until you are ready.
• Each chalet has a DVD player and TV. A selection of popular DVDs and family board games are available in resort or you may wish to bring your particular favourites with you. All our chalets also have a bluetooth speaker, so you can listen to your own music.
• All our chalets are all fitted with Wifi but please note that connections and speeds may vary and can be intermittent in the area.
• We request that shoes/boots are not worn in our chalets so please bring suitable footwear for inside. Luxury bed linen, dressing gowns and towels are provided, as are hair dryers and luxury bathroom toiletries.
• Slippers are also available for adults in the chalets with hot tubs. Each chalet is equipped with an iron and ironing board.
• Together with our wine supplier, Paul Boyer, we have carefully chosen a variety of delicious wines to complement the wonderful food produced by your chalet chef.
• We have also put together a list of Cellar Wines should you wish to buy something special for any particular evening. These wines need to be ordered in advance - please call or email us to discuss your requirements.
Chalet Staff Days Off
• Our chalet staff have one and half days off.
• On one day they are all off and breakfast and afternoon tea are laid out ready for you to help yourselves. Dinner is not provided on this day, but our staff will be able to book you a table in a local restaurant.
• Their half days off are staggered and on one evening the chef will be off but the team will have prepared a a local Savoyard supper for you to enjoy.
• If you are travelling on a peak week or if you have specific requirements it can be beneficial to do this in advance – please contact us for advice.
Chalet Security and Theft
• The security of our chalets, our guests and our staff is of the utmost importance. However, owing to the nature of chalet accommodation, it is impractical to lock the access points at all times.
• Please note that most bedrooms do not have keys or room safes. We recommend, therefore, that you do not take any valuables with you on holiday. Should you decide to, please ensure the items are covered against loss or theft on your travel or household policy.
Meriski contact numbers, including out of hours
Meriski Resort Office (+33) (0) 768 ....tbc
Meriski Office, UK (+44) (0)1285 648518 - Prior to travel or emergency use only
Don’t forget to submit our information form
We wish you a fantastic holiday.