Taking young children on a family skiing holiday can be challenging, but here at Meriski we pride ourselves on our ability to meet every guests needs, including our mini Meriskier’s! With flexible childcare options and fully qualified nannies, our childcare service provides a seamless and enjoyable experience.
Meriski are the only chalet company that have a dedicated crèche in resort, providing great flexibility. Choose from six full days, six half days and even after ski school hours. We also have the option to book a private in-chalet nanny who can take care of your children in the comfort of your chalet.
Kirsty, our Childcare Services Manager, will pop into your chalet on arrival to introduce herself and talk through how the week will plan out. If required, you can also discuss any preferences or requests.
All childcare is available from 8:30am, and for those youngsters using our creche service, a Meriski driver will pick up and drop off from/to your chalet. All of our vehicles have childrens car seats and fitted with seatbelts. The Meriski crèche is well stocked, with a wide choice of toys and games to suit all ages.
To allow for a hassle-free family holiday, we ensure there is an ample supply of everything you’ll need, including; children’s beds and cots with linen, high chairs, bibs, emergency nappies, toboggans, baby backpacks, CD player, TV/DVD player, books, music & video library, toys & game box, baby listening devices, sterilisers and children’s crockery & cutlery.
Our chefs all have experience in catering for infants and children. Before your arrival, you will have the oppportunity to talk through your children's likes, dislikes, allergies & any preferences that you may have for your children's meals with your chef.
We encourage an early children’s tea between 5.30pm-6pm, allowing parents to enjoy some “grown up” time during dinner. However, if you have booked exclusive use of a whole chalet, we are happy to cater for family meals, which can be organised with the chef prior to arrival. If a shared chalet is booked, we ask that children up to the age of twelve eat at the earlier children's supper.
- Our crèche is priced at £375 for children under two years and £325 for children over two years for six full days (8.30am-5.00pm) including lunch and refreshments. Pick up and drop off at chalet is included.
- After ski school pick up and crèche (11.15am-5pm): £300 per child including lunch. Pick up from ski school and drop off at chalet is included.
- Six mornings’ sessions (8.30am-12.30pm) excluding lunch: £175 per child under two years and £150 per child over two years. Pick up from chalet is included.
Private nannies work five and half days per week from Monday to Saturday, for 8 consecutive hours between 8:30am and 7:00pm. The half-day is flexible and is arranged between the parents and nanny at the beginning of their stay. All prices below are based on a per nanny, per week basis.
- One nanny looking after one child is priced at £650.
- One nanny can look after two infants up to two years old, priced at £700.
- One nanny can look after three children from the age of three, priced at £750.
- One nanny can look after four children aged four and over, priced at £800.
- For all other age combinations, please give us a call for a quotation.
Our programme of indoor and outdoor activities has been designed to keep children happy, enthusiastic and well occupied on family ski holidays. Mid-morning snacks, lunch and afternoon tea are included, depending upon whether morning, afternoon or full day care has been booked.
Ski School for Children
We advise that you book ski schools directly so that requirements and abilities can be accurately discussed. However, we are more than happy to give you recommendations so please give us a call to find out more.
Subject to availability, we can occaisionally offer complimentary childcare on selected weeks throughout the season. Please call us for further information.
T4 Nanny Service
Whilst we provide our own private in-chalet nannies and exclusive crèche, on peek weaks we also work in conjunction with t4 Nanny, an in resort nanny service, all of whom are fully qualified to look after your children.