Afternoon tea is an essential ingredient of any chalet holiday - a delicious homemade cake is just what you need after an exhilarating day on the slopes!
Our chefs pride themselves on the cakes they make every day, so we asked them to show off their skills for our annual Meriski Bake Off!
Over the last few weeks they have been entering their amazing creations - we've been so impressed with all of their efforts but there had to be a winner, and the winners are...
Zoe and Jemima from Chalet Phoebe!
Pear and Chocolate Chip Cake
150g of butter
200g self raising flour
2-3 pears peeled and grated
2 handfuls of chocolate chips
- Set oven to 180 fan bake.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until pale and white.
- Add the eggs, one at a time until you get a creamy whipped consistency.
- In a separate bowl grate the peeled pears. Then sift the flour over the pears and lightly combine (make sure you do this at the last minute so the mixture doesn’t get too clumpy).
- Fold in the pears to the butter mix and add the chocolate chips... the more the better!
- Pour into a prepared cake tin and cook for 30-40 mins or until brown on top and cooked in the middle.
- Cover the cake with a chocolate ganache or a few more chocolate chips!
We hope you enjoy baking (and eating!) Zoe and Jemima's cake!
We'd love to see pictures of your cakes - share them on Instagram or Twitter using #meriskibakeoff or on Facebook tagging our Facebook page...
If you would like to sample some of Zoe and Jemima's cakes, we have rooms available in Chalet Phoebe on 8th April, priced at €700 per person. Call us for more details on +44 (0)1285 648518 or send an enquiry using the form below.