If you are entertaining this festive season, let our chefs inspire you with some delicious canapés – guaranteed to impress your guests!
Cucumber, Feta and Pomegranate Bites
100g feta cheese
1 pomegranate (deseeded)
Salt and Pepper
Small bunch of dill
Small bunch of chives
- Firstly, peel and cut the cucumber into 1 inch cylinders, hollow out the pieces ensuring not to break all the way through; you should achieve a small cucumber cup shape.
- Next place the feta cheese into a bowl, season with salt, pepper and a small pinch of cayenne for a bit of warmth.
- Finely chop the chives and dill and add to the feta, mix well and fill the cucumber cups with the feta mixture.
- Deseed the pomegranate and sprinkle a few seeds on top of each cucumber bite.
- Drizzle with olive oil and serve.
Mini Vegetable Quesadillas
1 red onion
1 red pepper
1 clove of garlic
100g cooked kidney beans
Small bunch of coriander
1tsp tomato paste
- Cut the pepper, courgette and onion into pea sized cubes, fry them in a pan with a splash of oil and minced garlic until just softened. Season well.
- In a food processor blend the kidney beans to a thick paste, add this to the cooked vegetables with the tomato puree, check the seasoning.
- Finely chop the coriander and mix through the vegetable mixture.
- Cut the tortilla wraps into discs and fry in a hot dry pan until just warmed and slightly crisp. Sandwich some of the filling in between two tortilla discs and serve.